Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
A Few Do's and Don'ts
Water damage can come as a shock. At the first signs of water damage, keep in mind these water damage tips:
- Do not turn any ceiling fixtures or lights if water is dripping from the light base.
- Do not reconstruct or cover wood and other wet materials until the moisture content has been adequately reduced.
- Aim to start removing water and drying the environment within 48 hours to lessen the severity of a water loss.
- Call SERVPRO at the first signs of a water loss.
Our team is available for both commercial and residential water loss and frozen pipe damage. Give us a call today to learn more about our water damage restoration services.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (425) 486-8383
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.