Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Surprisingly, mold can take root in your property in just a few days. Mold thrives on moisture. And so, where there is elevated moisture and a lack of air movement mold persists. However, the goal of mold remediation isn't removal, it's, well, remediation. Mold is naturally occurring and found everywhere. It is not possible to "remove" mold, to suggest that misunderstands mold, the goal is to remediate mold colonies.
If you do discover mold, that mold needs to be addressed. Mold may produce allergens and irritants and cause health effects. If you find mold, call a professional team to help address your problem.
Below are some tips of first steps to take when you discover mold on your property.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (425) 486-8383
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Shoreline / Woodinville for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Shoreline / Woodinville has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Lake Forest Park
- Sheridan Beach
- Richmond Beach
- North City
- The Highlands
- Richmond Highlands