Commercial Restoration Services
Call SERVPRO of Shoreline/Woodinville for all of your Commercial Restoration needs (206) 789-2300
Commercial Building Restoration Services
When fires or water damage happen, they may occur at your office or business. Who do you call? Knowing the right company to help in an emergency is important to get your business back up and running as quickly as possible.
SERVPRO of Shoreline/Woodinville is available 24/7 to help you restore your Pacific Northwest commercial property and get you back to business. We have the expertise, equipment, and highly trained personnel to handle your commercial water, fire, or mold damage. We can also access the resources of our national network of 1,650 Franchises to handle large commercial projects and major storm events. Learn more about our commercial restoration services:
Overview of Commercial Services
Commercial Water Restoration
Commercial Fire Restoration
Commercial Mold Remediation
Commercial Storm and Major Events
Disaster Recovery Team
SERVPRO of Shoreline/Woodinville
3 Ways to Reduce Home Heating Bills
3 WAYS TO REDUCE HEATING BILLS
Temperatures in Seattle and the Northwest aren't high right now, but your heating bill might be!
Here are 3 quick and easy ways to get your heating bills to drop with the temperature!
- Smart Thermostat: Why not use the best of technology? Intelligent thermostats can provide significant savings in several different ways. Some even detect the outside temperature/humidity to help analyze and adjust the inside temperature to maximize efficiency and comfort. This is one of the most affordable ways to save money on heating bills! Some smart thermostats are available for under $30. Having a consistent and affordable indoor temp can help avoid costly damage, like frozen pipes. You can always count on SERVPRO of Seattle Northwest to help with water damage from frozen pipes, but let's try to avoid that!
- Insulate attic and attic doors: If it's a bit drafty in your house, you can bet you're losing money. Insulation is an absolute must to keep heating bills down. Neglecting attic areas is a common mistake that can be reducing the efficiency of your heating source.
- Pay attention to Windows and Doors: 25% of the heat in your house (heat that you've paid for!) is lost through windows and uninsulated patio doors. If you convert that percentage to a dollar amount, we think you'd be surprised at the amount of money you're spending to throw your heat out the window! Check your windows and doors seasonally, to ensure there are no broken seals, or you'll be facing more than a heat efficiency issue. With the amount of rain we’re getting this time of year, a broken seal will cause an indoor flood. SERVPRO of Seattle Northwest specializes in water damage, and we are the best at restoring property catastrophes…but let's try to avoid that, shall we?
From smart thermostats to window seals, these little details all add up to higher cost and higher risk for potential home damage!
If you’re experiencing seasonal home damage, call SERVPRO of Seattle Northwest at (206) 789-2300
Flooded Home in Stanwood
Damage from upstairs flood
Here at SERVPRO of Seattle Northwest - SERVPRO of Shoreline/Woodinville we work closely with other SERVPRO franchise's when the need arises. We received a call from our close friends from SERVPRO of Skagit County to assist a family with a devastating loss they had to their home while they were away on vacation. A bathroom sink had sprung a leak on the top floor of their home, affecting almost every room in their house.
We worked tirelessly in conjunction with SERVPRO of Skagit County and the customers insurance to ensure that all their needs were met in a timely and professional matter. The project went smooth and the customer was completely satisfied with the results. One of the most satisfying parts of our job is bringing happiness back to a family that has lost so much.
Bothell Hotel Flood
Hallway of Hotel
We received a call in the afternoon by a hotel manager who had a bit of a problem in Bothell Wa. A fire suppression sprinkler line broke in the attic of the hotel and proved to be difficult to shut off. Unfortunately, by the time it was shut off the water damage had travelled quite far, affecting 12 units, 3 hallways, the kitchen, and dining area. Fortunately, they called the right people for the job.
Our team arrived and began to do what they do best, make it "Like it never even happened." There were many logistical hurtles that needed to be addressed, but our team of professionals handled it like they do every single job, understanding that every job is unique and handled it with care. The hotel is now up and running once again and our client is very happy.
Prepairing for the Rain
Keep your gutters clean
Your home's gutters help catch rainfall and ensure that it stays far away from the foundation of your home. However, they can't effectively perform their job if they're clogged with ice or debris that piled up over the course of the seasons. Clean gutters by spraying a hose through them from the bottom up. You can also use a trowel to scoop out anything that's clogging your gutters, or purchase a cleaning tool specifically designed for your gutters and attach it to your hose.
Before the rainy season begins, it's crucial that you check your home for signs of leakage. It's best to fix a leak early on, as leaving it to worsen could result in flooding, mold and mildew, and even collapsed ceilings. Scan your ceilings for water marks and look for peeling paint. You should also venture outside of your home and look at your roof for telltale signs. Check out the ridges and see if there are any cracks. Look for loose, curled or missing shingles, which can signal roof damage and allow water to enter the home.
3 Signs That You Need a Hot Water Heater Repair!
SERVPRO of Seattle Northwest can clean up any water damage
Water heaters are essential elements of our home. We use them in daily activities such as taking a bath, using the dishwasher and using the washing machine. But because we use them frequently, it’s sometimes easy to take them for granted and forget that they need to be maintained. Failing to do so will result in malfunctions and problems and eventually, replacing your water heater. Taking notice of the first signs of a problem can help you repair your water heater before it becomes worse.
You don’t have to be an expert to spot the first signs of trouble. All you need to have is a keen sense of observation so that your water heater can be repaired.
- Hot water has off smell or off color. The first instance that you notice your hot water has an off smell or has a rusty color, that’s something that you need to check out. The smell could be the result of a rusty anode rod in the water heater. There is no need to worry since the anode rod can be replaced that will then eliminate the bad odor. Bacteria growth also causes bad smells. This happens when the hot water has not been used or has been turned off for quite some time or when the thermostat is set at a very low level.
Corroded pipes can also cause an off color in your water. This can be solved by installing a water softener or by replacing the plumbing. If you also see a lot of sediments in the water, it’s time to have the water heater repaired.
Water is not hot enough, too hot, not strong enough or there is none at all. When there is no water, check first that your water heater has power and is working fine. If it is, have it inspected by a plumber. If water is not enough, this could be due to an undersized water heater and is a common situation when a lot more people are using the water heater. This could also be caused by the presence of mineral deposits inside the water heater tank. When water is too hot or not hot enough, you may have to adjust the temperature dial of the water heater. If there is no change in temperature, have the water heater checked and repaired.
Strange noises and leaks. Leaks coming from your water heater could lead to flooding. In the same way, strange noises like pops, bangs, gurgles, and the like are clear indicators that something is wrong with your water heater. This is usually caused by a buildup of sediments inside the tank. A boiling sound, however, could mean the water heater is overheating or that pressure is building up inside the tank. All these have to be addressed immediately to prevent further problems.
It’s important to have your water heater repaired as soon as you see these signs. This will help you save on costs, prevent further damage, and avoid an untimely replacement of your unit. If you do have issues with your hot water heater leaking, call SERVPRO of Seattle Northwest! We are always here to help clean up the aftermath of a disaster!
6 Rock- Solid Reasons to Pick Concrete Flooring
Bob Vila has some great home Advice, so we thought we'd take a cue from him on concrete flooring.
According to Bob, the list of reasons to have concrete is as follows:
- Strength and Durability
- Factory and warehouse buildings around the world share at least one thing in common—concrete floors. There’s a simple reason why: The material stands up easily to hard use, whether under the wheels of a forklift or the soles of your shoes. Drop something on it, and concrete flooring doesn't crack or dent. Drag something across it, and it doesn't get scratched. Resistant to fire and moisture, stains and odors, concrete flooring can last at least a lifetime, requiring nothing in return except regular cleaning and occasional resealing and/or waxing. Plus, if patching ever becomes necessary, a rapid-setting formulation like Rapid Set Cement Allmakes repairs quick and easy.
- Lots of Looks
- No one would blame you for thinking of concrete as coarse in texture, gray in color, and drab in overall appearance. But the fact is that with advanced manufacturing from the likes of CTS | Rapid Set, along with improved methods of installation, concrete can take on any number of compelling looks. For example, after it's been poured, concrete can be scored, stamped, or dyed. Later, once the concrete has cured, the finishing options broaden to include painting, staining, and etching. Whether you favor a glossy, one-color surface or an artful, one of a kind, multi-colored floor with a matte feel, you can achieve your vision with humble concrete. The aesthetic possibilities are virtually limitless.
- Low Cost
- Given the structural modifications necessary to support its substantial weight, concrete flooring can be prohibitively expensive to install in certain locations—the upper level of a home, for example, or the ground floor of any house with a basement. Typically, budget-minded homeowners pursue concrete flooring not with a fresh pour, but by removing the floor that currently exists over the slab foundation. Once that's out of the way, the only costs are elective ones. If you desire, and if you balk at doing the job yourself, you can hire a pro to refinish the exposed concrete surface. Expect to pay anywhere between $4 per square foot for a straightforward job up to around $12 or $15 for highly decorative faux finishes.
- Endless Versatility
- In contrast to almost any other type of floor, long-lasting concrete rarely requires replacement. If, however, 5 or 10 years down the line you decide that you no longer like the look or performance of your concrete floor, you are by no means stuck with it. On the contrary, in those instances where concrete makes a practical flooring choice in the first place, it requires little commitment. When you tire of a concrete floor, you can always change its appearance by refinishing it—or finishing it for the first time—to achieve a different effect. Alternatively, you can return the floor to blank-slate condition, using a cutting-edge product like Rapid Set NewCretethat imparts a pristine, like-new appearance. From there, you can either leave the concrete as is or install another material over it.
- Pet Friendly
- It’s true: Fluffy or Fido might prefer the cushiony comfort of carpeting or the warmth of hardwood. But if like many homeowners you are first and foremost concerned with protecting against pet damage—scratches and scuffs, odors and stains—then you couldn't hope for a flooring material more impervious to the wear and tear caused by cats and dogs. Unlike carpeting or wood—indeed, unlike many other types of flooring—properly sealed concrete simply can't be ruined by a pet. You'll need to clean up accidents, of course, but you can leave aside the special remedies. Doing a thorough cleaning job on concrete requires nothing more than a mop and a bucket of soapy water.
- Healthy Home
- It almost seems strange to discuss flooring in terms of its effect on home health. Then again, in a flooring market saturated with so many products that off-gas harmful VOCs (volatile organic compounds), it’s well worth noting that properly sealed concrete does nothing to detract from indoor air quality. It's also crucially important to know that different manufacturers use different processes to produce slightly different concrete mixes. Nonmetallic, with no chlorides added, Rapid Set Concrete Mix stands out from the rest as one of the most ecologically sensitive concrete products out there. In fact, compared with regular Portland cement, Rapid Set boasts a 65 percent smaller carbon footprint!
Please reference: http://www.bobvila.com/slideshow/6-rock-solid-reasons-to-pick-concrete-flooring-50359/strength-and-durability#.V7_Sq2VeBBw
Top 6 Ways to Protect Your Home From Wind Damage
Top 6 Ways To Protect Your Home From Wind Damage In the Seattle Northwest
Wind storms can be very damaging to your home or property if you are not prepared. Unfortunately, we rarely get much warning before a large wind storm so it is critical to prepare your home ahead of time. Routinely checking, fixing or updating areas around your home can make the difference between a hundred dollars and thousands of dollars in damages.
Here are six ways to prepare your home before the next storm hits Seattle:
- Is your roof in good shape?
- Your shingles should be nailed down properly and all secured together.
- Replace any missing shingles immediately.
- Make sure your garage door is secure.
- Sometimes this means hiring a company to inspect your garage door to ensure it is properly secured and functioning well.
- Secure all outdoor items.
- Grills, patio furniture, trampolines, etc. These items can cause a lot of damage if the wind is strong enough to pick them up.
- Ensure your gutters are properly secured and clean them out regularly.
- Clogged cutters can create water damage to your house. They are also more likely to break in a high wind storm if they are weakened by heavy debris.
- Are your windows storm proof?
- Installing storm proof windows can make a big difference in protecting your home from high winds and hail from a storm.
- If you don’t have storm proof windows, consider installing steel or aluminum shutters on your windows or sliding doors to protect them from flying debris.
- Remove or trim/maintain trees around your home.
- Trimming your trees of dead wood can help prevent large branches falling during a wind storm.
Be sure to routinely check and maintain your home so you are ready before the next storm hits the north west. However, if you do find yourself in need of help after a storm, call SERVPRO of Seattle Northwest. We specialize in restoration and water damage repair in the Seattle Northwest area. Call us after a storm and let us take the stress off of your family! We will make sure it's like it never even happened!
SERVPRO® Pledges Ongoing Support to the American Red Cross Disaster Responder Program
SERVPRO® Pledges Ongoing Support to the American Red Cross Disaster Responder Program
Red Cross recognizes SERVPRO for their contribution to disaster preparedness and recovery efforts
Woodinville, WA (Grassroots Newswire) June 1, 2016 -- The American Red Cross recently recognized SERVPRO®, a cleanup and restoration company, for participation in its Disaster Responder Program1. As a Disaster Responder Program member, SERVPRO pledges a donation to the Red Cross in advance of disasters, allowing the organization to respond quickly and effectively to nearly 66,000 disasters annually, most of which are home fires. SERVPRO is entering their third year of partnership with the Red Cross; their donations to the organization to date exceed one million dollars.
According to statistics cited by the Red Cross, seven people die in a home fire each day in the U.S. Aiming to reduce deaths and injuries caused by home fires by 25 percent by the end of 2019, the Red Cross launched a Home Fire Campaign in October of 2014. The support of SERVPRO and other Disaster Responder Program members allows the Red Cross to pursue their home fire prevention goals while they continue to provide critical services to disaster victims.
“One of the reasons home fires account for the majority of the disasters the Red Cross responds to annually is that the risk for home fires exists all year long,” said Travis Ells, owner of SERVPRO of Seattle Northwest. “Statistics compiled by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)2 show the majority of home fires are related to unattended cooking accidents – and cooking is something most people do every day.”
Although SERVPRO’s business is helping business and home owners recover from fire, flood and other disasters, the company and its franchisees actively support disaster preparedness education, including fire prevention efforts. When disaster does strike, their relationships with major insurance companies combined with industry-leading job-management technology help smooth the path to rebuilding and restoration for home and business owners affected by the unexpected.
“SERVPRO’s commitment to the Red Cross Disaster Responder Program means that, when disaster strikes, homeowners can count on the Red Cross to address their immediate needs and supply essential services,” said Ells. “Once the immediate emergency is under control, homeowners can count on the expertise of restoration specialists at SERVPRO of Seattle Northwest to help them restore their property and move forward with their lives.”
For fire prevention tips and information about fire and water damage restoration services, please visit www.SERVPRO.com. For more information on SERVPRO® of Seattle Northwest, please contact Travis Ells at (206) 789-2300 or lyork@SERVPRO10027.com.
Founded in 1967, the SERVPRO® Franchise System is a leader and provider of fire and water cleanup and restoration services, and mold mitigation and remediation. SERVPRO's professional services network of more than 1,700 individually owned and operated Franchises responds to property damage emergencies ranging from small individual disasters to multi-million dollar large-loss events. Providing coverage in the United States and Canada, the SERVPRO® System has established relationships with major insurance companies and commercial clients, as well as individual homeowners.
We Are Hiring!
Join our team!
Do you love helping people through difficult situations? Are you energetic and positive? Do you have experience in water and fire damage mitigation and restoration? Do you take pride in successfully completing a job?
If you answered yes to most of these questions, we are looking for candidates like you to join our service team!
SERVPRO of Seattle Northwest is an independently owned and operated SERVPRO franchise. We are amongst the top 5 nationally ranked SERVPRO teams and we lead the state of Washington in fire and water damage restoration. We are the preferred provider for insurance and property management companies, as well as residential and commercial customers.
We are always looking for great candidates to add to our team. If you think you would be a good fit, please give us a call at 206-542-1226.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, national origin, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.